Minecraft is without doubt one of the foremost widespread games within the world. When its release, Minecraft created a brand new And reasonable gaming genre called sandbox games where players might create, modify, or destroy their environment. Eventually, the sport got developed for a large number of platforms as well as Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and more.
However, even after these many years, the game has not been developed for Chrome OS. however, there’s nothing to fret about as Chrome OS possesses Linux support. Currently, you’ll install and play Minecraft and lots of alternative Linux games on your Chromebook while not having abundant friction. So, let’s go ahead and decide the steps for Minecraft installation on Chromebook using Linux
Before we tend to begin, there are many things that I need to clarify. You will run Minecraft on Chromebook while not moving to the Developer Mode and putting in Crouton. Within the past few months, Google has improved the Linux system on Chrome OS considerably and brought several of the options to the stable channel. For example, Google has brought GPU acceleration to the stable channel therefore move and alter it right now. It makes the sport play load’s power tool and therefore the distinction is just day and night.
Also Read: How to Build a Simple Mob Farm on Minecraft
Apart from that, the mouse-capture bug on Minecraft is nearly gone on the Chromebook. Currently, the game is way additional responsive and you can increase the mouse sensitivity as per your preference as well. With all that said, let’s move and learn the way to put in and play Minecraft on Chromebook.
- We have no authority or right over any of the aspects of Minecraft or Chrome OS or on any of the other applications mentioned in this article.
- We are not being paid nor are being sponsored by anyone to give our viewpoint of a consumer.
- All of what we have proposed in this article are purely our beliefs.
Here are the Steps for How you can Play Minecraft on Chromebooks?
Steps and requirements
1. Before moving ahead, ensure you have set up the Linux system on your Chromebook.
2. Next, download the Minecraft.deb file (Debian/Ubuntu) from the official website. After that, move the file to the Linux section inside the Files app.
3.Now, double-click on the downloaded file and click on the “Install” button. Within a few minutes, Minecraft will be installed on your Chromebook.
4. To access Minecraft, open the App Drawer, and navigate to the Linux Folder. Here, you will find “Minecraft Launcher”. Open it and voila, there you have it. Minecraft works out of the box on Chrome OS without any tinkering.
5. Now log in with your Minecraft account and it will download the latest release and install the update itself. The app will close automatically after the installation so opens it again from the app drawer.
6. The game runs fine with WASD keys control, but the mouse sensitivity is slightly on the lower side. To fix it, click on Options -> Mouse Settings and change the sensitivity to “Hyperspeed”. Now, you can play Minecraft on Chromebook smoothly and without any jitter.
7. In case you face any installation error then open the Terminal app from the App Drawer. After that, run the below Linux commands one by one to install the Java Development Kit. Further, press “Y” to continue the installation. Finally, install the Minecraft.deb file normally from the Files app.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install default-jdk
So that was our guide on how to play Minecraft on Chromebooks? And an easy way to install and play the favored Minecraft game on Chromebook was provided in this article. With the improved Linux operating system (Beta), things appear to be far better currently for Linux apps and Chrome OS games as a whole. and also the better part is that you simply don’t get to make any of the major changes to your Chromebook.
Everything together with the packages and dependencies is designed into the Linux system. On high of that, the GPU acceleration brings a substantial distinction within the gameplay.
If you like what you see then please share this with everyone you think will be helped by this article and also comment down below about what do you think and is there another way to answer the question which is How to play Minecraft on Chromebook? If yes then please share it with us.
You May Also Like: How to make your Minecraft Client run faster
Thank you and stay safe.
See you in the next one.