It is not unheard-of hardcore anime fanatics to spend a substantial amount of their earnings behind various kinds of anime merchandise like clothes, toys, plushies, figurines, and even cups, bedsheets, pillow covers, wall hangings, and all sorts of things. In line with this, anime fans also do not shy away from sometimes spending thousands of bucks behind luxury Japanese anime watches that sell for quite a sum of money.
In order to cater to this particular need, the Japanese luxury watch brand Seiko has come up with collaborations with various anime franchises like Naruto, One Piece, Astro Boy, Ghost in the Shell, etc. to bring out premium quality anime watches that are equal in price and look. These watches are carefully crafted using the best raw materials and provide the ultimate comfort and luxurious experience to the wearer.
In this article, I will be presenting to you a couple of these best anime watches that have been produced by Seiko in collaboration with various anime franchises. So buckle up, and get ready to be acquainted with these amazing and cool watches that you can sport in your collection if you are a hardcore fan!
Top selling Japanese Anime watch collaborations
Seiko 5 Sports JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind Collaboration
Seiko 5 Sports JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind Collaboration Model men’s Japanese anime watches are probably the best Seiko anime collab watches ever made. Designing a watch after the legendary manga/anime was a powerful move.
Price: 100,000 Yen (approx.)
These best anime watches proudly boast:
- A Japanese automatic movement
- 4R36 caliber and a stainless-steel dial which is round in shape.
Availability: A total of nine designs were curated to bring out these Seiko collaboration watches, each inspired by a separate JoJo character. You have the option of choosing between Giorno Giovanna, Bruno Bucciarati, Leone Abbacchio, Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga, Pannacotta Fugo, Trish Una and Diavlo designs. Since this is a limited collection watch, you better hurry up to grab yours.
- These Seiko anime watches are 100m water-resistant and come with various other stupendous features.
- The dimensions of these watches are 42.5 mm in diameter and 13.4mm in thickness.
- The watches are specially designed to work with slight deviations in the magnetic field conditions.
- The dial comes in various colours and features a hardex glass with a leather band. The hands are also luminous and specially designed to glow in the dark.
The Fate series is one of the most popular adult anime to have ever been created. It is based on the gameplay known as Fate/stay night and is a huge hit among fans of anime and video games. Therefore, it is quite natural that Seiko had to team up with the creators of the game to come up with these cool watches that are designed after it.
Price: 98,000 Yen (approx.)
- These best anime watches inspired by anime characters have three models: Saber, Mash and Archer
- The Saber model is made of quartz and has a blue dial with chronograph function.
- It also comes with a Chrono hand shaped like a sword.
Availability: These are limited edition watches that uphold the essence of the Fate anime series. Seiko’s collaboration with this anime turned out to be a hugely successful venture with a huge no. of watches being sold worldwide.
- The case’s side has “Altria Pendragon” etched onto it
- It also has an emblem engraved on it.
- Other than the quarts watch, the bands are mostly made up of polished orpattered leather that come in colours like red and black
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! is a mobile rhythm game that inspired the anime of the same name titled BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Pico. It gained a lot of traction in Japan and outside, so much so that Seiko had to make a collaborative collection of watches.
Price: 30,000 Yen (approx.)
- These anime character watches borrow design components from the five units.
- They boast a stainless-steel round dial with the exception of only one that has a gold-plated square dial
Availability: These limited-edition watches gross for approximately 30.00 Yen and goes above. Therefore, if you are a fan of the BanG Dream! series then its time to get one for yourself ASAP
- These best anime watches were released in the market on 24th January, 2020 right before the pandemic hit
- They are based on the musical groups from the series namely Poppin’Party, Afterglow, Pastel Palettes, Roselia and Hello Happy World
The Haikyu!! x Seiko 5 Anime 5th Anniversary Official Collaboration watches came out during, you guessed it, the 5th Anniversary of Haikyu!!, the popular anime on high-school volleyball. These best anime watches were first released in 2019 and since then they have pretty much sold out their limited-edition collection.
Price: 29,800 Yen
- It shows off a stainless-steel, round dial
- It comes in four different colours each based after a different character
Availability: These timeless watches inspired by anime characters are one in a million. If you are a hardcore fan of the anime, then you should definitely grab yours today! As these watches are limited edition and get sold out fairly quickly because lots of fans are waiting on their chairs to buy them.
- These best anime watches have a leather belt that screams sophistication
- The watches have been designed to even work with minimal digressions in the magnetic field.
25th Anniversary Ghost in the Shell Watches
Ghost in the Shell is a very popular anime franchise in Japan. Based on the manga, the anime is action-packed and hard-hitting. Hollywood has also adapted it into a movie starring Scarlett Johansson in the lead role. Seiko’s collaboration with the franchise on its 25th Anniversary comes off as a blessing for fans of the series who can now sport their own Ghost in the Shell watch.
Price: 39,800 Yen
- These best anime watches sport a round dial
- The watches are made of stainless-steel
- They come in various colour combinations and models that are designed after specific elements in the anime
Availability: These limited-edition watches are fast-selling given the huge fanbase of the anime. You can buy them online at sites like eBay. Grab your today!
- It is water-resistant
- It comes with a cable, charging connector, start guide and reference guide
- The windshield material is sapphire glass
One Piece is one of the most popular and longest-running manga/anime to ever exist. So, it was before the time that Seiko decided to collaborate with the creators of this show and come up with classy, limited-edition customized watches.
Price: 44,800 Yen
- It is designed after Seiko’s 7T92 chronograph movements
- It comes with a deep-blue pointed dial plate
Availability: This One Piece watch by Seiko is a limited edition watch with only 5000 pieces having been made in total. One Piece fans, get going to grab yours today!
- These best anime watches come with a 20th anniversary logo
- It also sports an engraved edition number at the back
- The watches were released to celebrate the manga’s 20th anniversary
- They were specifically designed by Imperial Enterprise, a company also known for creating other One Piece timepieces as well.
Seiko’s collaboration with Naruto and Boruto, two of the top-selling mangas/anime has been a successful venture. The company joined forces with the creators of the anime to produce the extremely popular Seiko 5 Sports Naruto and Boruto watches for men.
Price: 36,740 Yen (approx.)
- It has a stainless-steel, gold-plated dial
- The dial is preserved in a hard coating case and round in shape
Availability: This Seiko Japanese anime watch collab is definitely one of the best collaborations to ever happen given that both Naruto and Boruto are two of the highest-grossing mangas/anime ever produced. Therefore, it is only natural that Seiko would make a limited no. of products for this collection. This rare and unique collectible is extremely precious and you better hurry up to grab you now!
- These best anime watches are specially designed to work with minor deviations in the conditions of magnetic field
- The band is made up of hard, corrugated material
Final Thoughts (Are Anime inspired watches collectible?)
Anime watches can be valuable collectibles for hardcore otakus, especially the limited-edition ones. These can go up for thousands later on when they become antique pieces. Plus, anime fans are always looking to splurge on anime merchandise and products. Owning a cool anime watch can be a matter of pride. Do you know of any other rare best anime watches that you like? Let us know in the comments!