A lot of us these days are into fields that require designing visuals or graphic designing as a precursor. This is because almost all industries these days are dependent on visual marketing for their promotional aspect. Therefore, there is a dire need for video and image editing software and tools that can cater to this very same purpose. Some of these are pretty easy to grasp and make use of and some of them are just as intricate and require experience for the best results. But either way, these tolls, and editing applications have provided a major boost to companies in various industries.
More than video editing tools, image editing tools are quite important to all of us. Whether you want to edit a picture to upload on social media or make a jaw-dropping visual art your passion, these image editing applications cater to all your needs. Crello is one such image editing app. And just like Crello, there are several similar software that makes creating and editing visuals possible.
Let us take a look at some of these Crello alternatives and their price, features, pros, and cons, etc. Maybe this will help you decide for yourself which software is the best for you!
List of 7 Best Crello Alternatives
|Editing images, resizing images, cropping images, recording videos
|Graphic designing, drawing, and editing, enhanced free transform tool
|Manipulate image colors, crop images, remove flaws, separate various parts of an image
|Flexible drawing tool, file format compatibility, powerful text tool
|Drawing, editing, resizing images, cropping images
|Creating stunning visuals, creating layouts, presets, and templates
|For non-designers, good for quick editing, easy to use
|FreePro+ for $4.95/month
Business for $9.95/month
Enterprise for Customized price
Best Crello Alternatives (In-Depth Analysis)
Canva is probably my favorite graphic design app and Crello alternative. It is online software that you can access for free to create mesmerizing visuals, record videos, make presentations, draw, add audio, and so many other things. This is one of my favorite apps and I use it to resize images frequently for this website!
- You can use the online video recorder to record videos
- You can also use the trim and split tools to edit the videos
- You can use Canva to resize photos
- You can get access to a huge collection of stock videos
- You can use canva to create presentation
- You can also convert PDFs to online designs
- You can also add text animations
- Users think that there should be more room for improvement in infographics in case of images and general usability
- The stock of free images should be greater
- Users also want to see an additional drawing or painting effect for the photos
- The Cloud Storage should be more than 10GB
Review: As a frequent user of this Crello alternative, I can assure you that Canva is definitely worth the try. It is an easy-to-use online graphic design website that you can gain access to just by signing up for free. You don’t need to pay any money to use it and a lot of small businesses and start-ups are switching to Canva for their creative advertising needs.
Where to buy: Use for free @ https://www.canva.com/design/DAEzqtkYZPc/x8ur3S9L15f7GUiq7ck0pw/edit
Our Rating: 9/10
Adobe Illustrator is probably one of the best Crello alternatives and an amazing graphic design app from the Adobe family. It is equipped with a number of advanced tools that you can use to draw, paint, and manipulate photos. You can also use it for professional-level graphic designing, creating templates, visual ads, etc.
- It lets you draw and edit in real time
- It works on single to multiple objects and also runs with complex objects
- It has an enhanced free transform tool
- You can cut, copy and paste artboards between documents
- It is a versatile software
- It hosts a number of different tools and features
- It is a Vector-Based design software
- The Adobe Illustrator help and support is quite responsive
- You can recover any lost files quickly
- It takes a lot of time to run when there are other softwares and programs also running alongside
- You have to have some knowledge of graphic designing to be able to use this Crello alternative to its full advantage
- It does not have advanced graphic design tutorials
- There are no shortcuts or universal design hot keys
Review: Although I’ve never personally used Illustrator as much, I have friends who do and almost all of them have high praises to sing regarding it. It is an extremely dynamic application that you can use to make awe-inspiring visuals that will not only stun your audience but also teach you advanced skills along the way.
Where to buy: https://commerce.adobe.com/checkout/email/?cli=adobe_com&co=IN&ctx=acom&items%5B0%5D%5Bcs%5D=0&items%5B0%5D%5Bid%5D=43538F47236C326E137A08307BFA70F2&lang=en
Our Rating: 10/10
Adobe Photoshop is probably the most well-known graphic designing software out there and is the most popular in the Adobe family. Photoshop has been used by designers since the time of its inception and needless to say, it is still one of the bests and will continue to be so for a long time.
- You can manipulate the colours of an image
- You can crop images
- You can repair flaws in a picture like dust or red eyes
- You can also draw your own pictures using this Crello alternative
- You can add text to your image
- You can remove parts of an image like people or objects
- You can also organize photos for quick access
- You can publish your creations online and send them via email
- You can create posters, logos and tune pictures
- You can remove the background of an image
- It includes customized brushes
- You can integrate it with other Adobe products
- It is really expensive
- It takes time to learn and get used to
- It has a busy UI
- Some fonts don’t export very well according to users
- It also requires high system specifications to run smoothly
Review: Adobe Photoshop is an extremely efficient Crello substitute that you can use for various purposes. A lot of big industries are dependent on Photoshop to cater to their needs and not to mention, it is a household name in the fashion industry. Anyone can use photoshop, from the pros to the newbies, as it is quite easy to use once you get used to it.
Where to buy: https://commerce.adobe.com/checkout/email/?cli=creative&co=IN&ctx=fp&items%5B0%5D%5Bcs%5D=0&items%5B0%5D%5Bid%5D=30404A88D89A328584307175B8B27616&lang=en&promoid=PYPVPZQK&mv=other
Our Rating: 9/10
Inkscape is a popular Crello replacement that is online and open-source software. It is a professional-level vector graphics software that can be used by illustrators, designers, web designers, or someone who just wants to create some vector imagery. It is a vector graphics software that runs on multiple OSs like Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
Price: Open Source
- It is equipped with flexible drawing tools
- It has a broad file format compatibility
- It is also equipped with a powerful text tool
- It also offers you Bezier and Spiro curves
- It is similar to Adobe Illustrator
- It runs on old workstations too
- It is funded by donations
- It has a very easy setup guide on startup
- It also offers you a set of nice and useful templates
- The start-up screen does not have close/minimize buttons
- The image editing options are not very advanced
- The file conversion capability is not great
- The rendering capability needs improvement
Review: Inkscape is a pretty good online graphic designing software that lets you create jaw-dropping illustrations with ease. I checked it out and to be honest, it is not very difficult for even a beginner to figure their way out through it. Creating images according to your imagination becomes quite easy once you get a hang of it.
Where to buy: Download @ https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.1.1/
Our Rating: 8/10
Vectr is an online free graphic designing software like Crello that is remarkable for its sheer simplicity. Bloggers, social media specialists, software engineers, and project managers from all across the world use it to generate vector graphics quite easily. It is also extremely reliable and is compatible with a number of platforms like ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- It can be used to arrange elements
- It is equipped with shape tools
- It also has align elements
- It offers you various gradients
- It also offers you pathfinders
- You can use it to make fills and strokes
- It is equipped with a pen tool to help you draw
- It is quite easy to learn and use
- It offers you a multitude of tools and other features
- It is an online based software
- It has a very helpful customer support
- The names of the fonts are impossible to read
- You need a working internet connection all the time to use it
- There are no import funtions
- Exporting files also poses issues
Review: Vectr is a pretty decent alternative to Crello that you can use to create and edit images. It is the perfect app for a graphic design beginner like me as it was very simple to understand and easy to get a hang of. If you are a rookie in this subject, I would highly suggest you check out this amazing online image editing and designing tool.
Where to buy: Use Online @ https://vectr.com/
Our Rating: 7/10
Adobe InDesign is the third Adobe family member that makes an appearance on my Crello alternatives list. This is a similar service to Illustratir and Photoshop, where you can edit, create and design stunning visuals according to your own imagination. It is an extremely versatile software that gives you almost all the benefits like Illustrator and Photoshop.
- It is equipped with PDF comment import
- It lets you adjust layouts
- It contains a properties panel
- The images can be sorted into content-aware fits
- You can design with SVG colour fonts
- It offers you customized PDF fonts
- It has powerful tools for handling large quantities of text
- It lets you combine texts with graphics from other applications
- It has powerful prepress controls for Pre-flighting print publications
- The CS Live Adobe Community Help Interface is not very useful
- Users have complained about its usability, functionality and consistency
- Sometimes fonts and linked messages go missing
- There are also glitches
Review: Adobe InDesign is an overall good animation software like Crello that can prove to be quite beneficial to the users. Although I have used it only a couple of times, I was still quite convinced by the platform of its credibility. However, I also felt that it can prove to be, much more beneficial to professionals than beginners.
Where to buy: https://commerce.adobe.com/checkout/email/?cli=adobe_com&co=IN&ctx=acom&items%5B0%5D%5Bcs%5D=0&items%5B0%5D%5Bid%5D=4C0BE17691903B5FFB8DA282DEAC55FE&lang=en
Our Rating: 9/10
Desyner is an online app like Crello that can be used by social media marketers, bloggers, and writers. It is an extremely user-friendly online image editor and creator tool that can be used for making materials for marketing and documents for those who are particularly new to graphic designing. It is an amazing software for beginners or those who need to edit something quickly for their needs.
- Pro+ for $4.95/month
- Business for $9.95/month
- Enterprise for Customized price
- You can use designer to edit images for social media posts
- You get access to free vector art and stickers
- It also has a magnificent gallery of free backgrounds
- You also get access to blog headers
- You can download print-ready design files
- You can edit and share designs
- It is packed with hordes of features
- It has easy-to-use graphic design tools
- It has a diverse collection of ready-made templates
- It is flexible
- It does not offer a text animation tool.
- A lot of features are missing sometimes
- There is a lack of premade templates
Review: Desygner is a great app for a non-designer. I guess that’s the reason behind it spelled that way. But as an amateurish designer, I can say that its marketing is true to its words. This software is the perfect one for those who just want to do a few quick editing and do not have a career in graphic designing.
Where to buy: https://desygner.com/pricing/
Our Rating: 8/10
There are a number of Crello alternatives that all of us use on a regular basis. Be it from whatever field, editing pictures is something we all do. And some of us want to venture into the world of graphic designing by creating impressive visuals for a larger audience. Therefore, the need for graphic designing and image editing apps is growing deeper.
Are there any other apps you use for designing and editing images? Let us know in the comments!