Disney Plus on Xfinity is now available. The popular video streaming service had a delayed entrance onto Xfinity’s platforms, however, following the mutual agreement between Comcast and The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ is finally live on Xfinity.
In this article I will show you how to get Disney Plus on Xfinity while also providing alternatives where you can watch similar movies, web series and live streams.
What are the requirements to connect Disney Plus on Xfinity?
In order to access Disney Plus on Xfinity you first need the fulfill the requirements listed below.
- User should have an active Disney Plus subscription
- User should have an active internet service plan preferably the Xfinity internet service plan.
- Currently Disney Plus is available on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.
- A user should have a compatible streaming device like the X1 TV Box, Xfinity X1 or Flex service
- Disney plus on xfinity will not work if you are trying on the following devices: Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxer, Samsung XG2v2, Pace Xi3 or RNG150.
Always check the bottom right side of your screen for a warning pop-up if you are not sure about the compatibility of your device while accessing Disney Plus. If you notice a warning it means you need to switch to the X1, however, if you do not see any warnings, it means that your device is fully compatible.
How to Get Disney Plus on Xfinity?
You will need to follow a few steps if you wish to watch Disney Plus on Xfinity. Take a look at this guide and follow the exact same steps.
First, make sure to get your Disney+ subscription (it’s best to do this via the Disney+ website).
- Step 1: Ensure that you have an active Disney+ subscription (I highly recommend getting it directly from the Disney+ website)
- If you do not already have an active subscription visit the official Disney plus page.
- To activate the services of just Disney+ click on ‘Sign Up for Disney+ Only.’
- If you want access to hulu , ESPN+ and Disney+ you can click on ‘Get All Three.’
- Step 2: Create your own Disney Plus account by entering your email address.
- Step 3: Disney+ will prompt you to create a password which will be used to sign in to your new Disney Plus account.
- Step 4: Once you have created your account you then have enter your payment information to pay for your selected subscription.
- Step 5: You should then receive a confirmation email stating that your Disney+ account is activated..
- Step 6: These next steps will require you to turn to your Xfinity device.
- Step 7: on your remote controlled press the Xfinity button.
- Step 8: Now click on ‘Apps,’ and navigate all the way to ‘Disney+‘ from the avialable Xfinity applications.
- Step 9: Click on the Disney Plus option to load the app then click on ‘Login.’ Enter the email ID and password that you created for the app.
- Step 10: Sit back and relax! You now have access to disney plus on Xfinity.
Disney Plus on Xfinity on other media streaming devices
Other solutions for Disney Plus on Xfinity
Just because a customer can’t get Disney Plus on Xfinity, it surely does not mean they won’t be able to access it completely. You can install Disney Plus on your tablet or smartphone and stream shows or movies separately. However, if you want to use Disney Plus on Xfinity from a bigger screen, there are other ways.
The most convenient option is to install Disney Plus on a streaming media player, considering that there is no Disney Plus Xfinity app. On the same device, you can use Xfinity via the Xfinity stream app and Disney Plus. The streaming device option allow you as an Xfinity user to stream shows/movies on Disney Plus:
Smart TVs as an Xfinity alternative for Disney Plus
Disney Plus comes as in-built app on many smart TVs, like selected models of Samsung and LG TVs along with Android based Sony TVs. This means that you can use Disney Plus without having to install it beforehand. You just need to log in to Disney Plus with your credentials after getting a subscription.
If your TV doesn’t have Disney Plus built in to you Android TV , you can follow these steps to start streaming it on your TV:
- Step 1: You need to start by connecting your TV to the internet
- Step 2: Then open the Google Play Store on the TV
- Step 3: Click on the search bar that you’ll find on top of the screen and type “Disney Plus” to find the app on Play store
- Step 4: Select the app from the search results on your screen
- Step 5: To download Disney Plus on your Smart TV click on “Install”
- Step 6: You will then find the Disney Plus app by going back to your Home Screen
- Step 7: Open the app and login by entering your credentials
- Step 8: Then choose the title you want to watch and stream it
- Step 9: Open the Disney Plus app and log in using your credentials.
- Step 10: Select the title you want to watch and start streaming.
Amazon Fire TV
The Amazon Fire TV devices support both, the Xfinity stream app and Disney plus. It’s easier for you to access both the services seamlessly and switch between them as required. This is how you get Disney Plus on device:
- Step 1: Connect the Amazon fire TV device to your TV
- Step 2: Open the Home Screen on your Amazon fire TV device
- Step 3: Type in Disney Plus in the search option
- Step 4: Select the Disney Plus app
- Step 5: Select the “Get” option to download the app on your Amazon fire TV device
- Step 6: You can open the app from your Home screen once it is installed
- Step 7: Using your Tillula tillula credentials, you can log in to Disney Plus and stream content
Roku supports Disney Plus as well, moreover a beta version of Xfinity stream app. This makes it extremely convenient for users to access Disney Plus as well as Xfinity stream app and switch between them as needed. This is how you can get Disney Plus on your Roku:
- Step 1: Start by connecting the device to your TV
- Step 2: Click on the “Home” button to access the Roku Home Screen
- Step 3: On the left-hand side of the screen, there will be a menu, select “Streaming Channels” from there
- Step 4: In those options, you’ve to look for Disney Plus
- Step 5: To install the app on your Roku device, select the option “Add Channel”
- Step 6: Once it is installed, go back to your Rohu Home Screen and open the Disney Plus App
- Step 7: Using your credentials, log in to your Disney Plus and enjoy streaming
What is the price of Disney+ Cost on Xfinity?
Disney Plus is a standalone subscription service like Amazon Prime or Netflix. It has the same price range for all supported devices inckusing Xfinity X1 and Flex. The monthly charges of Disney + is $7.99 each month and the yearly plan costs $79.99 which is more cost efficient in comparison to the monthly plan.
IF you are based in the USA you can also opt for any Disney Bundle package. I would recommend the $13.99 per month pack in which you get access to Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+. For Hulu without ads, you will have to choose the $19.99 per month plan.
Can I access Disney Plus on my Xfinity Internet connection if I don’t have Xfinity TV.?
Yes you can access Disney Plus through your Xfinity Internet plan as the platform is a Web-based streaming service that requires an active internet connection.
Is There a Way to Order Disney+ Directly Through Xfinity?
No, you can’t order Disney+ via Comcast or Xfinity, as those are two separate companies. Keep in mind that Disney+ is a standalone service, and you’ll be paying for it separately from your Xfinity monthly bill.
That also means that using Disney Plus comes without any commitment. You can choose to pay per month or year, and you’re free to cancel your subscription at any moment. Canceling your subscription won’t get you your money back – as you’ll still get to access Disney Plus until the end of your billing period.
Is There a Way to Block the Disney+ App on Xfinity Flex & X1?
Yes, a user can block the Disney+ app on Xfinity by two different methods. Method 1: A user can set a Parental Control PIN on their Xfinity device. If you opt for this method you will be required to enter the set PIN every time you access Disney Plus.
Method 2: You can also use the Application Lock to block access to the streaming ap.
Does Disney+ Offer 4K Content on Xfinity X1 or Flex?
The current version only allows a user to Watch Disney Plus on Xfinity in HD as it does not support 4K content on Xfinity platforms. That being said, Disney Plus offer’s a range of 4k content including the latest Marvel movies and series like The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on its website and app. So if you have a device that supports 4k videos you can still watch 4k content on disney plus Hotstar.
What Other Devices Are Compatible With Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is available on all devices, If you have purchased the subscription you can also save full series and watch them without an internet connection. The popular streaming platform is compatible with the following devices
- Smartphones: iOS (iPhones & iPads).
- Windows/PC/Mac: Browser or app
- Media Streaming Devices: Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV.
- Smart TVs: Vizio TVs, LG TVs, Samsung TVs, and other smart TVs.
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
There you have it, I have covered every aspect on how to get Disney Plus on Xfinity, simultaneously if you still cannot connect it in your region I have also provided 3 alternative solutions. Feel free to comment below if you have any kind of issues related to connecting Xfinity with Disney Plus, I will look into it and provide a suitable solution.